WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Position of Engineering Intern has been created to assist GHG with reorganizing and updating archive documents and drawings. The opportunity exists for both the Intern to gain skills and knowledge on an existing site that has had years of renovations and upgrades to be better able to understand what may be encountered later in the Interns career. It will also provide good experience and understanding of how elements of the operations interact with new design and development.
May include, but not limited to:
- Review of all drawings and documents in the archive database. They are in different file formats, CAD type files and PDF’s are the most predominant.
- Updating a blueprint directory so that the engineers can quickly and easily access pertinent building information.
- In some cases, utilize the drawings with the other GHG staff, to trace out various systems to ensure accuracy, and also to help identify system components for QR identification, which can then be used for the Preventative Maintenance program
- Some involvement in assessing the Preventative maintenance program would be involved, to reverse engineer some systems, so drawings could have updates and or notes included
- The Key Wording or Hash Tagging of drawings to be tested with the PM program, to create cross links for future searches.
- Depending on the area of study the Intern is most focused on, or wants to learn more in “the field”, the day to day activities could be steered in that direction.
- Create regular update reports on progress, goals, suggestions for improvement and observations.