Top Reasons to Work With GHG
What You’ll Be Doing
- Experience in or willingness to learn practices related to facility maintenance.
- Onsite support of events and event set up.
- Basic knowledge of lighting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and AV.
- Operate heavy equipment (forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lift, bobcat, etc) under OSHA specifications.
- Comfortable with appropriate use of ladders.
- Properly use and care for equipment and tools including hand tools, power tools, garden tools and cleaning tools.
- Repair and maintain facility and grounds such as painting, patching, ceiling tiles, lights and equipment repairs.
- Able to safely connect and disconnect show/shore power to proper electrical distribution equipment.
- Work effectively under pressure to meet business deadlines. Adaptable through change. Maintain a productive sense of urgency.
- Participate in work planning for facility maintenance and operations.
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision as well as in a team.
- Willingness to collaborate with other departments and teams.
- Maintain a professional appearance, including mandatory uniform during events.
SAFETY & SECURITY
- Work to maintain a safe work environment employing the proper use of personal safety equipment, approved procedures and good judgment.
- Monitor the grounds and facility and be able to ensure the facility is secure.
- Full understanding of each event individually as laid out on production sheets and able to meet promoters’ needs.
- Become familiar with and see events through beginning to end; coordinate arrangements with event and operations departments.
- Willingness to stay busy with projects and other tasks during events while being radio reachable.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors and facility users/clients.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Excellent customer service skills with an acceptance of human diversity.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with a diverse team or individually.
What You Need for this Position
- On time, ready and reliable.
- Light computer skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Willing to work events, nights and holidays as needed.
- Occasional exposure to high noise level and flashing lights. More often exposed to Michigan weather and unconditioned indoor temperatures.
- Able to stand for long periods of time, up to 8 hours or more
- Able to stoop and bend
- Able to safely work with potentially dangerous chemicals and equipment
- Able to comply with safety and health code standards
- Able to handle responsibilities that require repetitive motion tasks
What’s in it for You
- 401k with contribution match (Full-Time option)
- Medical/Dental/Vision (Full-Time option)
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- 10% Discount on GHG outlets
- Complimentary Meal Break
- Discounted Hotel Rates
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed